• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tell us about today's workout/exercise (v.new thread, finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Later today (can't do it before work and be sore) I'm going to do as many reps as I can with a five pound dumbbell. I am a total weakling and got up to five reps the other day before it started to hurt. But, I had blood drawn a week or two ago which resulted in "deep tissue bleeding," so it's no wonder it hurts after only five.

Better to start small than nowhere at all, right? Five reps of five pounds is better than zero of zero!

Edit: Ended up doing quite a few different lifting exercises, 15 reps each. :)

Last edited:
30 min elliptical
30 min stationary bike

I pushed it pretty hard on both and it was hot as hell in the gym today. :eek:

a warm up on the rowing machine, followed by circuits of core stability training and back / arms strength training.

hoping to be able to do a freestanding hand stand, and then push my own body up and down; like a push up, but completely vertical.

Has anyone else tried this?

Today i hit the chest with freeweight dumbells 20kgs each (it's amazing how much more i can do on a machine!) on an slightly inclined bench and tris on the rope pull down machine. finished off on an upright bench press machine and a kinda seated (leaning forward) machine where you push bars down to hit the tris.

ran 5kms last night also.

that thingy was between you and me, amor!

Today did Biceps and Chest. Did some preacher curls, concentration curl, and barbell.

For chest did Dumbell Bench, Decline, and Incline.

Feels nice to work out again.

^^ I was going to do my first ever gym class tonight (pilates) but I chickened out and just did a 30 min weights session and 30 minute run (5km/3mi) instead.

Feels SO GOOD to be back in the gym!!!!

30 minutes elliptical
30 minutes treadmill jog w/ 5.0 incline

Nice one!!
Do you do any weights hun??

I do pilates DVDs at home so I should just man-up and go to an actual class :D

Cos it's unfamiliar, and I've always always exercised alone. Even when I'm doing weights or running on the treadmill at the gym in amongst other people, I've got my earphones in and my music on and I'm in my own little world. It's a very different experience to be openly exercising WITH other people, doing the same thing in the same room.

Plus I just wasn't in the mood for trying something new tonight :D

I will definitely try the classes though! Next week ;)

Dedicated all today to biceps since I pussy'd out yesterday and didn't finish my split. So...

+ BB Curls
+ Hammer Curls

I lifted till I couldn't even complete one rep so I did a shit load of sets. Oh and I mowed the lawn if that counts.

+ 45 min of light, incline/decline cardio

Nice one!!
Do you do any weights hun??

Rarely. I *know* how important it is to tone with weights but I *hate* them sooo much. My fiancee is so much more hardcore than me at exercising and is a pro at weight training so it's not like I wouldn't know my way around the weights, it's just, ugh. I think it's because we were always forced to do weight training both at 5 am & after 2 hour practices in the afternoon during swim seasons. I tried to get over my 'ugh' feeling toward it for 6 or so months. I'll have to push myself to get back there soon for the wedding. :) I wish I could go to the gym with n3o and PI to get me in the weight section. They'd kick my ass! =D

Anyway, today, surprise, no weights but:

45 min elliptical
30 min stationary bike

I felt *REALLY* good today & there was barely anyone around so I rocked it on the elliptical like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuK08CdhaI

to Daft Punk's Alive 2007. It's the *best* workout music because it brings back all those warm rushes of seeing them live during that tour. :D Though I'm not sure how much it is my experience with that tour or just it being one of the best, most upbeat, crowd-involved concert albums ever. I try not to play it too often because I don't want it to lose the 'magic', lol.

Good workouts (& this thread) really motivate me to go on the weekends.

I just ran 12km (7.5mi) in 61mins! And no specific pain to speak of either! I have a really bad track record (pun intended) with sports injuries but my half-marathon training seems to be going well so far. Endorphins ahoy!! =D

AR I can totally understand your dislike for weights, especially if you were forced to do them at ungodly hours of the morning for swimming training!! That would put anyone off them for life :D

What if you just do really small weights and more reps, and if you have your mp3 player, just listen to your music while you're mindlessly doing some weights? I dunno, works for me :)
Orrr what if you did some classes like pilates or body pump??
Cardio is awesome but doing some kind of weights training seriously boosts your metabolism (you know that already, I am sure :)).

I wish I could go to the gym with n3o and PI to get me in the weight section.
I learned what I know from lifting with my husband. I like being with my husband and watching his rippling muscles and quietly impressing him with my strength. You should try it with Seth.

waiting for an audiobook to load onto the ol mp3 player so i can go for a run. i love music but when i run i really need something to focus on to motivate me to keep running

Hahah! I started the other thread years ago and was always amazed/happy it was still going. :)

No workouts today. Resting til sunday. Then I do my shoulders/upper body and leg presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.